Sunday, September 26, 2010

Day 35 In the NICU

It was bound to happen some time. And it did today I am having a bad day :(
This morning I had 4 events in one hour where my heart rate and my oxygen level drop and the nurse has to come in and rub my back to get me to get back to normal.
Because that can be a sign of bad things they drew blood to check to see if I had an infection. (They said it looked questionable) Then they took a urine sample to check for infection, drew more blood and started an IV. They gave me an NG tube in addition to my OG tube to see if my tummy was not venting well and they strapped my mouth shut so my oxygen couldn't go out my mouth. They took my OG tube out after a couple of hours. They also said my Hematocrit level is low and I might need a blood transfusion soon.
They have said I can't eat for a little while till they figure out what is going on so Mom and I didn't practice breast feeding today.
I weigh 1230 Grams (2 lbs 10.5 oz)

3 comments:

  1. Those were the hardest days... Hugs to your mom cute boy! tomorrow is a new day.. Keep growing and breathing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Taping the mouth shut I couldn't do it. Just looking at it make me breath a little deeper. Tough little guy!

    ReplyDelete